How to deny yourself
"Who is doing the work?" - You cannot improve on the Holy Spirit
Pre message notes
Who is in charge of your church ? - God or your church committee?
Power without control is a mess
It has to be the work of the Holy Spirit not you
God chooses based on our weaknesses not our strengths - Then we have to depend on himIn His Name means - You listen to God and you do as He says. - This how you do things in the name of the Lord Jesus
Have no faith in yourself - go into no situation with your own sure plan
What you do speaks more than what you say - YOUR ACTIONS - You Act to what heaven is telling you.
Notes - How to deny yourself
- What is the body of Christ - those connected to the head - to Jesus
- If you believe that God is good then stop thinking. - Do you believe He is taking and has already taken care of your life?
- Forget yourself and your feelings, do not compare yourself to any one! - Leads to jealousy and envy
- You don't need more knowledge or ideas. You need to more thankful and faithful in what we have and be more grateful and honour God.
- Satan is not going to bother with you if you don't deny yourself and your flesh - this is a danger zone
- God is full of Grace and wisdom Satan is full of condemnation
- All glory belongs to God. If you're doing the work the God then doesn't want your glory - When God works through us the glory comes to him - God never shares His glory.
- God gives you the thought - You obey God. - stay humble
- God gives you weaknesses so you can depend only on him
- Refuse to have confidence in your own knowledge and strengths
- You need to be quite and listen - stop thinking and listen do the voice of God